AIM – Alcohol in Moderation was founded in 1991 as an independent not for profit organisation whose role is to communicate “The Responsible Drinking Message” and to summarise and log relevant research, legislation, policy and campaigns regarding alcohol, health, social and policy issues.
AIM Mission Statement
- To work internationally to disseminate accurate social, scientific and medical research concerning responsible and moderate drinking
- To strive to ensure that alcohol is consumed responsibly and in moderation
- To encourage informed and balanced debate on alcohol, health and social issues
- To communicate and publicise relevant medical and scientific research in a clear and concise format, contributed to by AIM’s Council of 20 Professors and Specialists
- To publish information via www.alcoholinmoderation.com on moderate drinking and health, social and policy issues – comprehensively indexed and fully searchable without charge
- To educate consumers on responsible drinking and related health issues via www.drinkingandyou.com and publications, based on national government guidelines enabling consumers to make informed choices regarding drinking
- To inform and educate those working in the beverage alcohol industry regarding the responsible production, marketing, sale and promotion of alcohol
- To distribute AIM Digest Online without charge to policy makers, legislators and researchers involved in alcohol issues
- To direct enquiries towards full, peer reviewed or referenced sources of information and statistics where possible
- To work with organisations, charities, companies and associations to create programmes, materials and policies built around the responsible consumption of alcohol.
AIM is published electronically as a international digest supported by a distinguished and highly qualified Social, Scientific and Medical Council. AIM is funded globally by subscription, project work and research relevant to responsible drinking.
AIM is distributed without charge to bona fide journalists, media and legislators throughout the world. AIM's media and press influence plays an important role in keeping the public informed on alcohol issues.
A subscription to AIM will keep you informed about alcohol issues, international medical and scientific research and social and policy initiatives aimed at reducing alcohol misuse from all over the world. Your subscription will help support our free to access database programme of medical summaries regarding alcohol and health and social and policy programmes and issues via www.alcoholinmoderation.com For Consumers, your subscription helps maintain www.drinkingandyou.com a global portal to all credible sites which educate consumers regarding responsible drinking and moderation guidelines all over the world.
Alcohol in Moderation
Dorset DT2 9NH
T: +44 (0)1300 320 869